Wednesday 11 February 2009

Are they hideous?

Below is a photo of the scarfs that I have recently started. The one on the right is the first one I started. I was basically trying to use up all the wool that I had that my Nan gave me years ago but I'm not sure the two multi colored/shaded ones go together. The mix of colours, although very hippy, are a little too much I think.
The other is the one I started a couple of days ago...I'm working on this one now as I think the colours go better. I'm using panels of pale lilac along with the rainbow wool and also a white or cream wool which is not added yet. When I have finished I'm going to try a flower pattern that I have found online, see link. I think it's beautiful and they would look very funky sewn on to this scarf. It will be a very happy bright scarf that's for sure. As you can see, I'm a beginner. Both scarfs are un-even. It cracks me up that I can be knitting quite happily and be absolutely sure I have not dropped a stitch...then all of a sudden there is a hole in my knitting. Or, even more interesting is how stitches just appear? I started the second scarf with 50 stitches, I then ended up with 56! So I reduced the stitches down again which I think I should have just not bothered with as that is why you can see the uneven edge. The other scarf is just uneven because of the different size wools I think. Oh well, I'm learning. I want to start knitting other things too but for now I'm going to get used to just knitting different stitches in scarfs. I'm only doing knit and purl stitches at the moment and there are loads of different ways to use these. Any suggestions most appreciated (That's if anyone reads this hehehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment