Tuesday 17 February 2009

Knitted Newbies

I'm not well at present. Have some really annoying sore throat viral nasty. But, I have found that the healing properties of knitted yarn can do wonders for One's health. I still feel ill of course, but I find Knitting meditative...and it takes my mind off feeling rubbish. Now all I need is a home cooked curry :)
So, here are a couple of things that I have been working on. I do have a third but Dingles has nabbed that due to it being his Valentines pressie. I will post photos of that one when He comes home :)

This is my first knitting project..a headband. I started this a couple of weeks ago but I've only just sewn the ends together. It's all done in Stockinette(See below) so it curls. When I did this I didn't realise I'd get this effect. Next time I think I will use a different stitch as I like my Headbands to sit nicely.








This is a neck warmer that I started a couple of days ago. It's not quite finished yet but it's coming on nicely. I've used alternating stockinette stitch (Knit one row, purl one row...then when you want a swap, do two rows of the same and carry on with stockinette), which has given it the shape you see.





It's actually much longer then I thought it would be but the front panel can always be removed and the cord used to tie the main panel together if needed. So it can be extra large size or small :)
I'm planning on selling these at some point but I need to make a few to get the best results. I'd like to launch an Ebay Business account, I already have a normal account but I'd have to do this properly, otherwise I run the risk of getting into trouble. And we wouldn't want that, would we!!! I don't think I'll make any money, what with Tax, National insurance, selling fees, and the fact I have £60 pw to earn before I break even with our Tax credits, but at least I can fund my hobby and learn lots, making an investment for later on! Dingles is due a payrise so hopefully we'll be out of the Tax credits and I can actually keep that which I earn. Materials and research all go down as business cost (Of course!!! :)
Anyway, I'm also knitting a flower at the moment so I will upload that when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment